AIS tracking data – Northeast passage shipping routes in Arctic
This Spire AIS data set contains ship positions and voyage messages. Use Spire’s satellite & terrestrial AIS data in the northeast passage shipping routes to add to your global maritime domain awareness solution. Spire provides additional coverage along the northeast passage shipping route, an area known for being notoriously difficult for gathering data. Spire AIS coverage in the arctic circle is enabled by our +100 Lemurs in orbit, +60 of which are in polar orbits. Spire data is reliable, easy to use, and extremely visual.
How to use this data:
- Commodity trade analysis – leverage our data tracking the movements of tankers and cargo vessels to power advanced trading and technical analysis
- Geopolitical Analysis – insight into the increasing presence in the Arctic of both government and commercial entities through primary northeast Arctic trade routes, to include maritime activity transiting Canada and Greenland.
- New Route Detection – insight into northernmost maritime activity as melting sea ice opens new trade routes in the Arctic.
- Environmental Analysis – increased understanding into how the maritime industry is adapting to climate change, and how far north navigable waters extend.
As activity in the Arctic increases, the US and its allies are encountering growing challenges to maintaining global maritime security. Securing a clear and complete maritime domain awareness picture in the Arctic shipping routes is mission-critical.
Your data should be as unique as your mission requirements.
- Sources of AIS data: Satellite, Terrestrial data has been extracted from Spire Global’s data archives and downsampled to one message per ship per hour.
- The data time range is between the first day of the selected month at 00:00:00 UTC and the first day of the following month at 00:00:00 UTC (for example March 2020’s time range is between 2020-03-01 at 00:00:00 UTC and 2020-02-01 at 00:00:00 UTC)
- Data has been extracted for the Northeast Passage region
- Ship type: All ships
Purchase this data set
How it works:
- Add in your cart the datasets you are interested to purchase.
- Proceed to check-out and fill in all your details.
- Choose the preferred payment method and submit your order.
- For online credit card payments the access will be provided right after the payment have been successful.
- For wire bank transfers the datasets will be provided just after the payment have been successfully received in our bank accounts.
- You will receive the confirmation of your purchase together with your Invoice via email.
- This commercial offer is not binding and remains subject to contract.
If you would like to get a preview before purchasing the data set, click here to download a sample.