AIS tracking data – Korean peninsula including Dalian, China
Quickly visualize vessel activity to detect illegal shipping or sanctions evasion, and use our historical dataset to gain unique insights into the impact of COVID-19 on Chinese maritime activity.
This Spire AIS data set contains ship positions and voyage messages. Use Spire’s satellite & terrestrial AIS data in the Korean peninsula to add to your global maritime domain awareness solution. Spire provides excellent coverage in the area surrounding the Korean peninsula, providing maritime surveillance in a zone known for illicit ship-to-ship transfers and sanctions evasion. Spire is able to achieve this coverage due to our combination of satellite-based AIS data via our constellation of cubesatellites and our terrestrial data partners. Spire data is reliable, easy to use, and extremely visual.
How to use this data:
- Commodity trade analysis – tracking the movements of tankers and cargo vessels to power advanced trading and technical analysis.
- Geopolitical Analysis – increased insight into China-North Korea maritime activity in a zone notorious for illicit ship-to-ship transfers and sanctions evasion.
- COVID-19 Impact Analysis – insight into the impact of COVID-19 on Chinese maritime activity.
Monitoring and surveillance activities against illicit shipping activities including illegal ship-to-ship transfers is a critical component to enforcing imposed sanctions and maintaining maritime domain security globally.
Your data should be as unique as your mission requirements.
- Sources of AIS data: Satellite, Terrestrial data has been extracted from Spire Global’s data archives and downsampled to one message per ship per hour.
- The data time range is between the first day of the selected month at 00:00:00 UTC and the first day of the following month at 00:00:00 UTC (for example March 2020’s time range is between 2020-03-01 at 00:00:00 UTC and 2020-02-01 at 00:00:00 UTC)
- Data has been extracted for the Korean peninsula region including Dalian, China
- Ship type: All ships
Purchase this data set
How it works:
- Add in your cart the datasets you are interested to purchase.
- Proceed to check-out and fill in all your details.
- Choose the preferred payment method and submit your order.
- For online credit card payments the access will be provided right after the payment have been successful.
- For wire bank transfers the datasets will be provided just after the payment have been successfully received in our bank accounts.
- You will receive the confirmation of your purchase together with your Invoice via email.
- This commercial offer is not binding and remains subject to contract.
If you would like to get a preview before purchasing the data set, click here to download a sample.