AIS tracking data – Container Ships
In a challenging economy, the container shipping industry is embracing change and leveraging data to build more efficient operations and streamline logistics to maximize profits. Spire data answers this call with our industry-focused data sets.
Our historical data helps you identify navigation trends and container shipping routes quickly and easily. Uncluttered and sortable, our off the shelf container ship product is delivered one business day after purchase in a CSV format, so you can get started immediately. You can examine past trading activities, ship movements, ship accidents, and much more with our downsampled data. Our plug and play historical data products are designed to solve for industry use cases and our data is comprehensive, and helps you make more accurate data-driven decisions.
Spire AIS data is easy to use, reliable, and collected globally to provide a more complete picture of the containership landscape.
Your data should be as unique as your industry.
Data set specifications
- Estimated vessel count: 5,139 vessels
- Sources of AIS data: Satellite, Terrestrial data has been extracted from Spire Global’s data archives and downsampled to one message per ship per hour.
- The data time range is between the first day of the selected month at 00:00:00 UTC and the first day of the following month at 00:00:00 UTC (for example January 2020's time range is between 2020-01-01 at 00:00:00 UTC and 2020-02-01 at 00:00:00 UTC)
- Data has been extracted for the Global region
- Commercial ship type: Container ships
Purchase this data set
How it works:
- Add in your cart the datasets you are interested to purchase.
- Proceed to check-out and fill in all your details.
- Choose the preferred payment method and submit your order.
- For online credit card payments the access will be provided right after the payment have been successful.
- For wire bank transfers the datasets will be provided just after the payment have been successfully received in our bank accounts.
- You will receive the confirmation of your purchase together with your Invoice via email.
- This commercial offer is not binding and remains subject to contract.
If you would like to get a preview before purchasing the data set, click here to download a sample.